Friday, May 6, 2011

Here Comes the SUN

I'm a SOLAR GUY.  I talk to alot of homeowners.  I design and sell solar systems, after I do a careful analysis of the homeowner's utlity bill -- monthly $ COST and kwh (killowatt hours) USAGE.  The idea is to SIZE the solar system in order to save the homeowner MONEY.  My experience says that people will Go Green IF they Save Green while doing so.

I also look at alot of roofs.  The solar system is attached to the roof.  The orientation of the roof is important.  A flat roof space pointing south is best.  SE and SW are good too.  West is better than East, and North is a No-No.

I believe that in the next 20 years, more than 70% of homes will have solar systems.  Because solar is a perfect match of making power with your rooftop and using the electricity in the home -- excess power gets exported onto the grid. And you get a credit for the excess power you produce.  OR get a check for the excess power you put onto the GRID. That's nifty!

1 comment: